Child Care Worker II Position Description
For part-time and full-time positions
Position Title: Child Care Worker II
Supervisor: Program Supervisor
The Child Care Worker II is responsible for the direct supervision of youth while exemplifying and reinforcing the concepts of a strength-based treatment environment that provides and develops positive group and individual strengths at Arrowhead Youth & Family Services.
The Child Care Worker II will provide a therapeutic treatment environment by:
Reporting to your assigned group in a consistent and timely manner, as scheduled (8 hour shift).
Providing individual and group counseling to the youth we serve, utilizing a cognitive-behavioral approach.
Directly supervising and monitoring your assigned group in work, recreation, and other assigned on or off-grounds activities.
Consulting with and having a good working relationship with Therapist, Case Manager, and other Child Care Worker IIs within the facility.
Assuming the responsibility of covering a shift when someone calls in sick or fails to report in for duty.
The Child Care Worker II will complete written Medicaid and additional documentation as required by:
Completing compliant Medicaid documentation at the end of each shift.
Providing written documentation in log/email to communicate to team members, pertaining to overall progress of youth or group’s behaviors.
Completing any unusual incident reports at the end of each shift and sending a signed hard copy to the Case Manager and electronic copies to appropriate persons (AHR emailing list).
Providing medication to residents as assigned and documenting in the appropriate log books.
Counting controlled medications as assigned.
Checking out vehicles and cell phones when going off grounds and signing the appropriate log books.
The Child Care Worker II will attend the following training/meetings annually or as scheduled and become knowledgeable in the following areas:
CPI (non-violent crisis prevention intervention)
Cultural Diversity/Civil Rights
Emergency Medical Procedures and Bloodborne Pathogens
Shall attend staffings as scheduled
Shall attend monthly Child Care Worker II meetings for specified group
Shall attend bi-weekly supervisions with supervisor
Shall attend mandatory training meetings
Shall become knowledgeable and enforce all Arrowhead policies and procedures
1. Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a Human Service field of study (social work, psychology, sociology, criminal/juvenile justice, or related field).
2. 3-5 years experience working with behaviorally at-risk youth is preferred.
3. Must be 21-years-of age
4. Must be First Aid and CPR certified.
5. Will value diversity and incorporate cultural differences into treatment planning and implementation in order to work effectively in cross-cultural situations. Will pay careful attention to group dynamics and cultural differences and assessment as to what adaptations and changes need to be made and who should assume responsibility for these changes.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license and approval from the state of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to transport children. Must qualify to become insured by Arrowhead’s insurance carrier. Must successfully complete a criminal background and reference check.
7. Must be physically capable of participating in the restraint of adolescents that are endangering the safety of self, others, or the destruction of property. In addition, must be physically capable of successful completion of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.